Headaches and Migraine Treatment
Headaches and Migraine sufferers know how debilitating life can be when you have an attack of the symptoms. Both these conditions are not understood very well and there is conflicting evidence in the papers about their mechanism of onset, treatments and management. Often patients have had scans done and are reported as normal.
So why come for treatment at St Paul’s Physio?
The treatment method used is called the Watson headache approach. This method aims to identify if there is any involvement of upper cervical segment nerves (upper neck). Treatment is provided by Arti Shah who has completed level II of the Watson headache approach.
Who is the treatment for:
- Anyone for suffers with migraines.
- If all the investigations have been negative.
- Regular headaches starting in the neck travelling into the head, eye pain or facial pain.
- Dizziness / vertigo with the headache or migraine.
- The treatment involves reproduction of the symptoms mainly the head pain which than resolves following using sustained techniques.